Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Where to begin?

At least several times a day I find myself exclaiming or at least thinking to myself  "REALLY".  Menopause, getting older, aging, whatever word or phrase is used for something related to my current life.

Let's see the latest has been I find I'm having issues with sodium bothering me. Of course the answer is well yes at your age, approaching menopause, that makes sense. But why does it make sense or better yet my question is consistently must I just accept all these little nuances in my life.

Weight has been a thorn in my side probably FOREVER like many women and men but lately I find losing difficult and yes of course the answer is don't bother trying, nothing will work its your age....and again REALLY?

Perhaps that's what I'd like to explore here either alone, if no one decides to read this or with others...just what can we do. Must we just sitdown, laydown or stop trying and accept that age is going to have its way with our bodies and we should just go with it.
Sorry but I simply can't accept that.

I'm taking a course in wellness and nutrition and hope to find some help and answers to how I can better nourish my body and NOT age so gracefully. I want to be fit, strong and not simply go thru the motions. I want to change the "just accept it, it's all part of getting older" attitude to "wow, I'm how old and look and feel this good".

And before I end this introductory rant for a point of reference to kick this thing off... I'm 51, soon to be 52 in April. I feel like I'm in relatively good health but know that there is diabetes in my family and my current weight or any increase in it could lead me down that road too. My mother died way to young at the age of 60 from complications from diabetes and I just don't want that to happen to me. And, my sweetheart, who I live with, wants me to be around a long time too.

So, let the new and improved me and any others who want to join me begin, why not right?

No comments:

Post a Comment