Sunday, February 20, 2011

From 208 to 134 & Back Up Yet Again

I'm desperately trying to find some decent before and after pictures to visually illustrate my weightloss history. I do have in my possession the story of my Weight Watchers journey from a starting weight of 208lbs in February of 2002 with graphs and charts of the highs and lows. The low coming in June of 2004 and a nice, friendly number of 134lbs. That low number has now eluded me for years and I'm on a serious hunt to recapture it and if not it exactly a close relative of that number. I'd probably be happy with 140lbs but right now I can't seem to get away from the gravitational pull of a nearly 160lbs. I've been hovering around 157-158lbs and it's driving me a bit insane.

Yes, I know it's a number and yes, I know it doesn't define me BUT or BUTT it does keep me from fitting in clothes I've already got and would like to wear. It does keep me from being comfortable in my own skin and it does keep me from feeling better about myself and dare I even say feeling sexy again!!

I could go buy bigger clothes but I do not want to do that. I could just say the heck with it and be happy where I'm at but I don't want to do that either. All the evidence I've read points to being healthier and at less of a risk from problems like diabetes, heart disease or other issues at a lower weight. So if nothing else than for my current and future health why should I not be working on this.

I'm trying not to use my age for an excuse, but it would be so easy to do that. I continue to hear the comments from people, "no matter what you do you won't lose weight at your age".  And as I've stated before my response is usually 'really', but that comeback is weakening. Perhaps I should listen to the wisdom of others who have come before me and just say yep, you're right, I'll just give in to age, I'll use it as my excuse, pass that cupcake.

Nah, I'd rather try and put into practice something my friend Kristine taught me to say:
"Success is the best revenge"!  So I am going to continue to try in earnest to be successful and leave the family of the 150-160 #'s for a friendly group known as at least the 140's or 140lbs to be clear.  All keep you posted about my search for the elusive 140, now pass that mango.

1 comment:

  1. I just found you through WW and that is exactly how I feel! I'm trying to get to 125 or even 129 but I'm STUCK at 132/133 which is simply the difference of feeling awesome in my clothes and even a bathing suit to just ok and covering up in a bathing suite. I dont' have much height to spread it over. I am trying to stay strong but it is so tough!!

    ReplyDelete